Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Canvas Shadow Box

Happy Monday!  Hope you had a great weekend.  Here's a really cool project I made.  I went to a class at my local scrapbook store (Scrapbooks & Stuff).  Nana (the teacher/owner) is awesome and very talented.  Who'd of thought to use the back side of a canvas!  First thing I did was paint the sides and some of the insides with Distress Ink (Spiced Marmalade) by Tim Holtz.  Then i added the green strips of paper to form the border.  used a Martha Stewart punch for the scalloped edge.  The prima flowers were white and glimmer misted to give it that nice yellow/gold shimmer.  The tree on the inside is actually a fabric applique.  Who'd of known that you can iron it on to paper although it was a real pain in the butt to do.  I really love how this project came out and I hope to be making many more of these.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me.