Monday, October 18, 2010

The Cricut at work! Happy Birthday Banner

Happy Monday!  I'm one of the few that loves Mondays.  They help me start my routine again.  A new beginning!  Mondays help me forget all the the bad things I ate last week.

Wanted to show you a SUPER cute birthday banner I made with my friend for her daughter's 1st birthday. She's on my facebook and I see a post on my newsfeed from her saying something like:  "I hate cutting this...wish I had a Cricut!"  So the obsessed scrapbooker in me ran over to her house.   I won't take the full credit for this.  The original idea came from Etsy.  Someone was selling a banner VERY similar to this for $40.00!!  It was beautiful and also made out of paper.  This is my version of it.  A few little tweeks here and there....

The letters and circles are from Plantin Schoolbook.  Scallop rectangles & scallop circles are from Accent Essentials.