Wednesday, November 30, 2011

What table are you sitting in?

Hello!  I hope you are all having a remarkable week.  A few months ago I was asked to make some invitations and a seating chart for a December wedding.  Well, the wedding is this coming weekend.

She didn't want the traditional tent cards all lined up on a table.  She wanted something a little nicer.  Me being me, I never say no to anything and although I had never made a seating chart quite like this, I was fairly confident in my abilities.  So I started researching and researching.  Time went by and before I knew it she was sending me the list of guests.  I had the idea in my head now i just had to create it.  I thought about using poster board and quickly changed my mind. (it just looked too cheap)  So I went with a 16x20 canvas. here are the pics with a few descriptions.  ENJOY!
empty canvas.....

it was stark white!  This baby needed color.  

started gathering my materials.  I used Tim Holtz distress inks Antique linen
Vintage Photo.  used some card stock with coordinating ribbon, coffee filters.....

Here is the guest list with their table.  I created this little template
using GIMP software.  I then matted it to card stock

My first attempt at a coffee filter flower.  I used some
glimmer mists and distress inks until I got the look I was
looking for.
Here's a close up of the flower completed.
added this brad in the middle and I think it gave it the perfect touch.  
These were tough to put on!  I also glimmer misted the letters
to give them a little shimmer.  although I don't think you can
see that here.

TA-DA!!!  I cut the letters out using my Silhouette Cameo.
It was great to be able to cut out using my own font.  





5 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Good job! I just threw out a new package of coffee filters. I should have sent them to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome and practical thing to use! This is awesome for any occasion with assigned seating! Great job as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning Liz!!!!
    You did an amazing job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me.