Wednesday, June 9, 2010

"FAKE" Glimmer Mist

Hello Friends,
Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels is all the rage in the crafting world.  Its about $6.00 a bottle.  I love them and have only gotten myself ONE bottle.  It was the only bottle I was able to find at Scrapbooks 'n Stuff which is now closed :( I loved that place.  They still maintain an online store but its not the same. "Sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name"........etc  Now that I've totally gone off on a tangent lets get back to the original topic.  Since I can't seem to find this stuff anywhere else except online (which I refuse to pay for the bottle and the shipping) I came across a few videos of people making their own variations and I decided to make my own.

Ingredients:
Ranger Mini mister or any other moderate spray bottle.
Pearlex or Perfect Pearls
Water
small paintbrush (Michaels or whatever you have laying around)
Heat gun (if you want it to dry quick)

Recipe:
Fill the mini mister with 3 parts water 1 part Pearlex.  (if it's too light then just add a tad bit more. Don't shake the bottle, swirl it around and around and WaaaaLa  you've got "FAKE" Glimmer mist.  Here's a small video of what I did.  **NOTE:  According to others Pearlex does not contain a "fixing" agent so the color will not adhere to your paper. (hhhmmmm, I got to thinking on that and tested it and I haven't had any problems.  If you feel you must you may add one drop of glue to your mixture.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me.