Thursday, April 22, 2010

Vintage wedding layout...lots of techniques

Hello!  Welcome to Thursday!  I can almost taste Friday!!  The weekend is within reach.  Just finished this layout on Wednesday night.  I started it Monday but couldn't get my "juices" flowing.  So I set it aside and picked it back up on Wednesday.  TA DA!!!!  It has a bunch of different techniques.  I'm pretty happy with it.  My mother in law is going to love it!
Here's the complete layout.I chalked with charcoal all around the pages and around every embellishment.  Added a couple prima flowers (also chalked around the edges and used Tim Holtz distress ink (VIntage Photo) to tone down the color.  Used the distress ink for the bottom border of the layout.  It gives it more of a vintage look. 
The Family Tree tag - I used Transparent embossing powder in some areas (it's actually kinda shiny but you can't see it in the photo.)  Also glimmer misted it with the Copper, tied a bow around it and added that nice big blingy(is that even a word) brad.   The next embellishment I simply used a distressing tool for the edges and then used Glossy Accents glue to make it look like an epoxy sticker.  On the top of the next page...It's an acetate with the sentiment.  I used a polka dot card stock behind also glimmer misted and distressed around the edges.

1 comment:

  1. Such a great daughter in-law :). The layouts are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me.