Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Craft Room Make-Over

Have you ever browsed pinterest and wished your room or special space can look anything like the ones you see.  I browse and browse and wish and wish.  oooo, aaaaaa, so pretty, I wish I had this, I wish I had that….

I'm lucky enough that I have my own room for all of my crafting adventures.  My own space.  Untouched by little hands.  It's my own little retreat.

I started out in a small little corner of my dinning room.  As my kids got older and my crafting needs got more serious I moved from my dinning room to my kids playroom.  Half Playroom/Half Craft Room.  Heck no!  My own little retreat surrounded by legos, video games….etc  NOISE!!

Eventually, I pushed them out and Liz's craft room was formed.  It's a work in progress.  I started with bins and a table.  Not long after there were bins, carts and several mismatched tables.  It was a hodgepodge of stuff.  Then I got the mother of all crafting armoires.  A SCRAPBOX!!  Google it and you'll see what I mean.  I was in heaven.  It's been quite a few years since then.  I've been very happy with my space but my room is always a work in progress.  As my work changes my needs change.  I've outgrown my beautiful box and my closet looks like a tornado has hit.  I don't even like to open it.  The last couple of times I've opened it I have THROWN stuff in there.  (That's awful!)   I have piles in every corner of my room.  Party stuff, Kids stuff, scrapbooking stuff….It's become a catch all for everything that doesn't have a place in my house and we don't want in the garage.  

I'M GOING MAD IN HERE!  The only uncluttered space is the small desk I have my computer on.  My desktop, a small unused lamp, a notepad and the occasional cup of coffee.

As luck would have it my hubby and I were discussing ways for me to work more efficiently and have decided to revamp my craft space.  YAY ME!!!  I'm one happy girl!  I can't wait to show you pictures of the before, during, and after…

In the meantime I've been browsing around Pinterest and found a few pictures of things I like.  Do you have your own special place at home?  A reading area, crafting space, sewing room…etc.  






Have a great night!
Liz

2 comments:

  1. I keep visiting hoping for a craft room reveal...you're killing me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started cleaning it out but the boys started football which takes up soooo much of my time. Also had a ton of orders. It's going to take me a little longer than I hoped for. As soon as it's finished I'll post it.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me.