Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Gatefold Invitations

Hello Crafty friends!
I know I haven't been posting lately.  Very busy with my boys at home and I have been crafting like mad during the weeee hours of the night. I haven't been on the computer much only to catch up on my blogs or check my email.

Here is a gatefold invitation I made for my best friend's daughter's birthday. (that's a tongue twister!)  I have seen gatefold cards before and always wanted to make one but never got around to doing them until now.  I will admit.  This is NOT my original design.  My friend found it on Three Kids Party Shop.  They're on Etsy.

Items used:
Bazzill Berry Blush cardstock
Black Cardstock/plain and textured
DCWV Glitter stack (black and pink)
White and Black polk-a-dot paper (not sure what brand)
Tags Bags Boxes and More Cricut Cartridge (base of card)
Forever Young Cartridge - (silhouette of girl(Barbie)
Gypsy Font (Barbie)
Martha Stewart score board
Computer

I used the Gypsy to alter  a tag and set the size to 7.45" x 10".  This ends up cutting at approximately 7" by an exact 10 inches.  I then scored it at 2.5 and 7.5 and folded the flaps in.  I printed out the invitation information from my computer and matted it with a black piece of cardstock.  The polk-a-dot paper is cut at 1 1/2" and the black band is cut at 2" x 11".  Here are the photos.






Happy Crafting!

Liz

6 comments:

  1. I have seen these before online . Your replica is awesome! It looks like something done up by Mattel! Great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a wonderful job on these invitations, they are fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. these invites came out beautiful! you were right the glitter paper makes a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love, love. love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow !!! A couple of friends of mine were telling me they saw my best friends Barbie Inspired invitation semi duplicated and that I had to see for myself. I finally found it. wow are you selling this???

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! They mean a lot to me.